|4 - 9||$181.43 (-4%)|
|10 - 24||$173.87 (-8%)|
|25 +||$166.31 (-12%)|
DUE TO INCREASED DEMAND ALL DISASTER KITS WITH FOOD AND WATER WILL HAVE A MINIMUM 6-WEEK SHIP TIME.
Sanitization and Personal Protection
1 – Biohazard Bag: This biohazard bag can be used to isolate hazardous items. It measures 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm and is puncture resistant.
1 - Roll of Duct Tape: A roll of duct tape is one of the most versatile tools to have in a disaster kit. Measuring 4cm x 6 m, it can be used to make shelter, seal packaging, repair leaking hoses, fix rain gear, etc.
1 – Pair of Nitrile-Dipped Gloves: These nitrile-dipped gloves do not contain latex, are resistance to punctures, and offer great dexterity.
5– Garbage Bags: There are many uses for garbage bags in emergencies: a makeshift rain poncho, to protect your supplies from the elements, and even filled to make bedding.
5 - Tissues: Use these tissues to remain sanitary in emergency situations, and avoid spreading bacteria and viruses.
25 – Hand Cleansing Towelettes: Hand Cleansing Towelettes have been added to assure health and hygiene.
1 - Canadian Red Cross Basic First Aid Kit
Lighting and Tools
1 – Multifunction Knife: The small and lightweight multifunction knife is made of stainless steel and comes with 9 features that make it an ideal tool for any emergency preparedness kit:
- Can opener
- Nail file
- Saw scissors
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver
2 – 40-Hour Candle: This 40-hour candle is a very dependable source of light, can provide a source of heat in a small area, and is a great fire starter.
5 - 12 Hour Glow Stick: Bright extra strength glow stick provides an instant source of light that is waterproof and safe to use in any environment
1 - Waterproof Matches: Includes a pack of 40 waterproof matches
1 - Canadian Red Cross Back Pack: We have entirely redesigned our Canadian Red Cross Back Pack. It may look similar, but there are some significant differences:
- A new reflective band has been added across the top of the pack for increased visibility.
- An Increased thicker grade nylon strapping has been added which allows for an 80-LB weight limit.
- We have added a 600 D Denier Nylon shoulder straps.
- The shoulder straps now have an additional 6 inch in length.
- An additional 12-inch X 9-inch zippered mesh pocket has been added inside the bag for better organization.
1 – Canadian Red Cross Multifunction Flashlight: This LED flashlight and digital AM/FM Radio can be powered by a solar panel, hand-crank, or mobile charger. Additionally, there is a compass, siren, and four small reading lights.
1 – Whistle: This whistle has a durable design, and is simple yet effective for distress calls or emergency communication.
1 – Canadian Red Cross SOS Sign: This SOS sign is made to be placed in the window of your vehicle or house to communicate that you are in need of assistance.
5 – Mylar Blanket: This multipurpose emergency first aid blanket made of aluminized non-stretch polyester, measuring 140 cm X 210 cm, has many applications:
- This blanket can be used to maintain body temperature, and reflect body heat back to the user.
- Use this an emergency shelter and protection from the weather and elements.
- This can be used as a reflective distress signal.
- This blanket can be used as a protective wrap for victims of a fire, accidents, exposure, and shock.
- It stays flexible in freezing temperatures, is windproof and waterproof, and will not rot or mildew.
- This blanket is lightweight and compact – it fits easily into first-aid kits, pockets, bags, and glove compartments.
10 – Rain Poncho: This one size fits all bright yellow rain poncho will keep you or your family members dry, and greatly decrease your chance of hypothermia from being wet.
Food and Water
30 – Water Rations: With a 5-year shelf life, individual water packets will ensure you have your basic needs met with clean drinking water.
1 - 10 Litre Water Container: This 10 L (2.5 gallons) collapsible water container is the most important item you can have in a disaster kit. With this, a pack of water purification tablets, and a source of water you are set.
1 – 20 L Water Purification Tablet: This tablet is rapidly dissolving, is safe for adults and children, and is effective against Giardia, bacteria, and viruses when directions are followed.
- Tablet treats 20 liters of water.
- There is no odor or color.
- It is approved and used by international aid agencies including the International Red Cross.
5 - 3600 Calorie Food Bars: This coconut flavoured food bar is a great addition to your family’s emergency preparedness kit. The S.O.S. emergency food rations have a 5-year shelf life and can be stored in any environment. The package contains 9 bars totaling 3,682 calories, and won’t make you thirsty.